HEY, ANYONE REMEMBER TONIBELL?



Remember the TONIBELL Miniball?  As far as I can remember, that was the only time I ever saw mention of the name, but I spotted this toy ice cream van on sale on eBay recently, so obviously it was a well-known company for SPOT-ON to make a die-cast van with the name on it.  I did a little light digging and discovered the following photo of a real Tonibell van on the Internet.  Below that is some info about the company, which I found shortly after.


Click to enlarge

And below is an ad for the afore-mentioned Miniball, plus a photo of my very own, purchased back in the late '60s.  I took the photo seconds before retrieving the ball from the attic of my former home, 19 years after having inadvertently left it there in 1972.  I've now had it back in my possession for 27 years.


No comments