PENNY FOR THE GUY? SURE - IF THAT GUY'S BUSTER...



BUSTER had several good artists in his time, but possibly the best remembered (to those of a certain age) is the late ANGEL NADAL, who drew the strip from 1962 to '74.  (REG PARLETT took over when COR!! was merged into the comic.)  This particular page is from an issue dated October 29th 1966, and is relevant because it's about 'Firework Night'.  (Or 'Bonfire Night' or 'Guy Fawkes Night', or whatever it's called these days.)  This is scanned, panel-by-panel, from the original art, which I own - and very glad am I to have it to be sure.













Thanks to PHILIP CRAWLEY for alerting me to where I could find an image of the published page (www.bustercomic.co.uk), but I've now replaced it with a scan from my very own, newly-acquired copy.

No comments